At our dance studio, we have guidelines in place to ensure that the environment is safe, secure and organized for every child in every class. Please take a look at our dress codes and other information to learn more.
- In the case of inclement weather, the studio will decide and announce whether we will be holding classes by 2:30 PM on weekdays and 7:30 AM on Saturdays. We do not automatically close if schools close. Please call our studio voicemail message or tune in to Closing Central on Channel 2.
Attendance and Visitation
- Students are expected to attend all classes. Please arrive promptly and in proper attire. If your child is sick or will be absent for an extended period, please notify the staff. To assure a quiet and professional learning atmosphere, visitation is limited to six observation weeks per school year.
- Parents of drop-off students are encouraged to come in at least once a month to pick up a newsletter. Parents and families who wait must do so in the Parent Lounge next to the smaller classroom, no upstairs or in the Studio B Dancewear store space.
- Parents of children with special needs must communicate these needs with instructors. Withholding necessary information about mental or physical disabilities is not fair to your child, the teacher or other class members. Please let us know of any limitations so we may give your child the best possible experience in our classes.
- To prevent confusion, please write your child’s name and initials in each of their shoes. Performing Arts Dance Academy is not responsible for shoes left at our studio. Lost and found items will be given to charity on the 15thday of each month.
- We strive to maintain and organized and orderly family atmosphere. Your child will always be treated with the highest respect. Situations or problems that may arise will first and always be referred to you, the parent.
Work Scholarships and Assisting
- We have a limited number of cleaning work scholarship available each year to dependable and responsible parents. Dancers who are 11 years of age and older are eligible to assist or demonstrate in class. You’ll be contact in August and required to go through training. Any interested parties for either must submit an application in writing.